Anthony LaBastida - Goes into another judge's ring against ABRA rules and picks the winner!

Discussion in 'Negative Feedback on American Bulldog Judges' started by Igor, Jul 15, 2016.

1. Igor

Igor Administrator Staff Member

Local Intranet
    This is concerning events that took place at Rancho Seco in 2016 - an ABRA show organized by Jose Lopez.

My observations on Anthony La Bastida. (see attachment of what he posted)

1. What self-respecting judge would write excuses for his decision by posting photos of the dogs in question - one that he picked shown stacked at some show (note different shoes and jeans of the handler in different photos), and the one he didn't pick shown in a home living room?
    2. He says in his post: "I'm attaching pics of both pups shown that day, feel free to let me know your thoughts." Here are my thoughts: STAY HOME AND JUDGE FROM YOUR COMPUTER, BUT NOT FOR ANY SANCTIONING BODY.
    3. He claims that I said that the other dog "looks like a Boston terrier" - that is not true, I've never said that. James Perez who also judged both of our dogs at that same show stated that it "didn't even look like a bulldog."
    4. He omits the fact that he broke ABRA rules at the show by judging 2 shows. Good ol' Jose Lopez calls Anthony into the ring when an AKC judge they had was in the Best Puppy ring. He goes over to the ring and HAS JUST OUR DOG DO CONFORMATION while the other dog just stood there and then got awarded Best Puppy. He then judged the following show as well.
    5. Their initial story was that he just answered some 'questions' the AKC judge had. Now the truth comes out - this "judge" came into a ring he wasn't judging and picked the winner. Liars can never keep their stories straight. See text highlighted in bold below the videos.
    Video (parts 1 and 2) here:
    Part 1:
    Part 2:

Other videos from this show:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5C6i8Dmv5Pg

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cNomph-8AIg

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z9hi0H1BeD0

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gK0VmKA-yT0

His full text:
    "First off, I normally wouldn't ever explain myself to anyone acting like this, let alone some guy that has zero dog knowledge,but I feel this needs to be addressed. From what I gather he feels my choice to put up a younger pup was incorrect. His argument is the dog is underdeveloped, not correctly marked, and "looks like a Boston terrier" Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, even people that don't know what the fuck there talking about. It's also been posted by one of his buddies who's got about the same knowledge, the dog won because we're friends, and she traveled all the way from Canada. Truth is I had never talked,met,or knew other then hearing the name on Fb, the woman I gave first to. Igor is grasping at the fact James Perez said the dog I gave first to "didn't look like an ab" This is by no mean a shot at James, nor is it an attempt to discredit his decision,I felt he did a great job on Sunday, but I respectfully disagree with that statement. The winning pup had much better structure, top line, and it's movement was hands down better, and lastly she as handled correctly. The Grand Future pup handled by his wife was mediocre at best. I felt the structure, front-end, and top line of their pup, even tho older, was not as good . one of the other reason their pup was placed as it was, was how it was handled. For someone bragging of numerous champions,many years in the ring, her handling skills when moving her dog made it that much harder on the dog, and chances to win. There are age classes for a reason. For this guy to say a dog that fits within the parameters of the age class shouldn't win because it's younger, or less developed.. is bullshit. I had zero issue with these people asking me to explain why I chose the other dog. It didn't go south until Igor got disrespectful, and out of line with Lydia Duarte Castalia for absolutely no reason.. I am attaching pictures of the dog I placed first, and a picture of their dog. It's pretty obvious why I put this pup up. When judging ethnically, fairly, and most importantly to the breed standard... I stand behind my decision 100%! I'm attaching pics of both pups shown that day, feel free to let me know your thoughts."

13735771_10157018371515018_6186094402067067218_o.jpg

2. Igor

Local Intranet
  3. Igor

Local Intranet
    What both dogs look like at around 10 months of age.

1 (1).jpg 4.jpg 5.jpg

4. Igor

Local Intranet
    It is important to note that Lesli Rose, the owner of ABRA, imposed no sanctions on this judge or the organizers.

After claiming based on these facts that Jose Lopez would never be allowed to host an ABRA-sanctioned shows due to his blatant incompetence in observing very simple rules, she proceeded to sanction an ABRA show with him as the host.

What's worse, after denouncing this judge's behavior, she did a 180 and went on a public campaign making making absurd false statements defending him as if he did nothing wrong. Of course Anthony LaBastida is an ABRA judge to this day and the rumor is that he is her close family friend.

Lesli Rose simply does whatever she feels to be most politically expedient.